Attractions in Southern Ontario
Niagara Falls is one of the most awe-inspiring sights in north America. It has long been known as the honeymoon capital of the world. The area is filled with tourist attractions including the Maid of the Mist Boat Ride, Marineland and several casinos.
- Enjoy live theatre at The Shaw Festival in Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- African Lion Safari near Hamilton.
- Visit the Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology.
- Odette Sculpture Park in Windsor. A collection of sculptures by internationally recognized sculptors that stretch for more than 3.5 kilometres along the Detroit River.
- Enjoy the view from the top of Toronto’s CN Tower. Or just stand at the bottom and look up. Look way up!
- Go to a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game in Skydome. In fall and winter, see the city’s professional basketball team, the Toronto Raptors play in the Air Canada Centre. Or enjoy Toronto’s ultimate sports event – a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game.
- Explore Frank Gehry’s vision of the Art Gallery of Ontario as the imaginative centre of Toronto.
- Every weekend experience something different from around the world at Harbourfront Centre World Routes 2006, featuring the best in groundbreaking music, dance, theatre, film, visual art, craft, readings, kids’ activities, food and shopping!
- Visit Canada’s largest amusement park, Canada’s Wonderland, just off highway 400 on the way to cottage country.
- Join the weekend exodus to Cottage Country by driving to Barrie, Orillia, Owen Sound and many other destinations in central Ontario – and see how tens of thousands of Torontonians spend their summers.